Sunday, January 4, 2015

First Project with Cricut Explore

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. 
Today is the last day of Christmas Break for my daughters. 

We were getting some nasty wintery mix weather here this weekend, so I wanted to work on something for the girls room for them. So took a trip to Hobby Lobby with them Friday. We were supposed to go to one store and ended up a different one, which was interested and fun.
It was a great afternoon for the girls and me. 
We picked up a few projects for all of us to work on. 

I love the glass blocks and have been wanting to make one for each one of my daughters. 

Each one of my daughters like something different so it was fun creating each one of them a block.... 
I made each one a block... I will show you 2 of 3... the third one I am keeping a secret until January 18th... you will have to come back then to see it.... 
( I am in a Blog Hop and I am going to use it has my project) 

I used my Cricut Explore to make these. I had to use Inkspace to create an SVG file for the batman block. 

My oldest daughter is in love with Batman everything ... she is 18 but still loves to be a kid at heart... 

I used a image that I found on the internet for her block... I did it on the girly side for her... 





Batman one is layered and has a light added to the bottom of it.... 
I really like how it turned out. 

I used vellum as the background to give it that frosted look. 



My Middle daughter's nickname is Minnie and she loves everything to do with Mickey Mouse and Minnie. So I found an image on my Cricut Design Space and used the black out for the Mouse Head and then used Walt Disney Font from my computer to do her nickname. 
She doesn't want a light in it. She wants to put candies in hers. I put white Tulle inside of it until she adds candy to it. 


I really love how each one turned out.... 

I am having fun playing with the Cricut Explore and Design Space.... 


I hope you enjoyed my project for today ... come back often and watch for tutorials coming soon.... 








No comments:

Post a Comment